Out of stock
Printers for printing labels (another common name is a barcode printer or label printer) is a widespread, affordable equipment that is bought for labeling goods, packaging, pallets, parts, clothing. Most often used in warehouses and trading floors, wherever there is a need to print a label for marking. The printer prints the necessary information on a sticker (label), after which the label is separated from the substrate and glued to the product or packaging. Most often, a product barcode is printed on the label, which is why the label printer is often called a barcode printer. Any label printer supports not one, but many standard barcodes, including: EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC, Code128, QR-code, DataMatrix, etc. The world's leading manufacturers of label printers (barcodes): Zebra, TSC, Godex, Argox, Toshiba, Sewoo, Honeywell, Printronix.
Label printers are available depending on the printing method:
• Thermal label printer - print directly on labels. It would be correct to say that it doesn’t “print”, but burns out, since the image appears due to heating of the necessary points on the thermally sensitive layer of the label by the thermal head. The material of the labels that is used when using the thermal printer is special, heat-sensitive; when it is heated, it blackens at the place of heating. The same principle applies when printing a sales receipt or fiscal receipt at the cash desk of any store. Actually, from the point of view of printing technology, a check (kitchen), fiscal printer and a label (barcode) printer are exactly the same, since the image appears as a result of heating of heat-sensitive material (most often thermal paper). The advantage of thermal label printers is simplicity, compactness, low cost compared to thermal transfer label printers. The only, but significant drawback is that the image obtained on the thermal printer of the label becomes less black over time and disappears completely after 4-6 months (you may have noticed this phenomenon using the example of a regular fiscal receipt, which, in time, “fades” , and after half a year or a year, the image on it completely disappears).
• Thermal transfer label printer - prints on labels through a ribbon (carbon copy). Ribbon - a special tape, on one side of which a coloring layer is applied. When heated, the ink layer at the point of heating exfoliates from the ribbon and adheres to the label. Unlike a label printed on a thermal printer, a label printed through a ribbon is very durable - the image on the label does not fade and does not fade even in a year. Compared to thermal printers, the characteristic drawbacks of thermal transfer printers (via ribbon) are: large dimensions, structural complexity, higher price of a thermal transfer printer. All of the above is related to the need to place labels in the printer except for the label roll and the ribbon roll.
In addition to the printing method, the most important characteristics of a label printer are:
• Recommended print load per day, expressed in thousands of labels per day. For example, desktop thermal transfer label printers are designed to print up to approximately 1000 labels per day, and large warehouse label printers easily print 5000 labels per day. A printer with a large recommended print load is usually called “industrial” barcode printers and most often they are bought for manufacturing enterprises (for marking finished products and pallets). The price of an industrial printer, regardless of the manufacturer (Zebra, TSC, Godex, Argox, Toshiba, Sewoo Zebra, TSC, Godex, Argox, Toshiba, Sewoo) is always higher than the price of a desktop label printer.
• The presence, position and ability to move the “black mark” sensor. If printing transparent labels is necessary - the label printer should be equipped with a black mark sensor. A black label is a black strip 2-5 mm wide that separates the label from one another. This bar allows the printer to “see” transparent labels. The black label is applied to the label tape by different label manufacturers in different ways. Some apply a black mark on only one edge, others on the entire width of the label. Accordingly, if the label printer is equipped with a fixed black mark sensor located in the center, a label with a black mark on the edge will not work, you need a label with a black mark in the form of a strip over the entire width of the label ribbon.
• The presence, position and ability to move the sensor "in the light". The clearance sensor is needed when printing labels with slots. If the slot is not centered, the sensor should be able to move along the width of the etiquette tape.
• Print resolution, expressed in dots per inch. The usual resolution for most label printers is 203dpi. In rare cases, there is a need to print small text and graphics (for example, printing small tags for jewelry) - in this case, you can use a printer with resolution
300dpi, for example (TSC TX300).
• Print speed. Typical speeds are 76, 102, 127, 152 mm per second.
• Label Width — Defines the maximum label size that can be printed on the printer. Typical label printer print widths are 60 mm, 112 mm. But there are also special printer labels with print widths up to 220 mm (TSC TTP-384M)
• Connection interfaces.
• Options. For a separate price, some models of label printers (barcode printer) can be equipped with a label separator from the substrate, a label rewinder, a label clipper. When purchased, these optional devices can greatly facilitate and speed up your workflow.
The above is typical for label printers of any manufacturers (Zebra, TSC, Godex, Argox, Toshiba, Sewoo, Honeywell).
Typically, label printers are impressive in size and therefore located on the table. But leading manufacturers (Zebra, TSC, Sewoo) produce thermal label printers in a portable version, the so-called portable or mobile label printers that are convenient to carry on your belt. Such printers of labels (barcode) are bought for printing labels and price tags when re-evaluating or re-listing inventory materials.
On our website you can choose and buy at a bargain price any thermal printer or thermal transfer label printer (barcode printer) from leading manufacturers: Zebra, TSC, Godex, Argox, Toshiba, Sewoo Zebra, TSC, Godex, Argox, Toshiba, Sewoo . For advice - call us, we will help you choose an inexpensive label printer model at a good price that is suitable for your accounting program (1C) and can print Cyrillic characters and the necessary barcode without any problems. And all this for a reasonable price.